Eureka Town Hall
This page contains information about the current town hall, the old town hall, and the history corner located in the rear of the new town hall. Scroll down the page or use one of these links:
The new Eureka Town Hall was dedicated on March 8, 2005. It is located in the unincorporated community of Eureka Center, on the south west corner of the intersection of 250th Street (C.R. 80) and old Cedar Avenue.
THANKS TO THOSE INVOLVED
Henry and Ruth Larson for the generous gift of the land
Board of Supervisor members Don Pflaum, Kenny Miller, Connie Anderson, Dan Rogers, Mark Malecha, Cheryl Schindeldecker, Ray Kadlec, Clark Smith and Beverly Topp
New Town Hall Committee members Kelly Brosseth, Ken Demaster, Butch Hansen, Kenny Miller, and Chris Nielsen
Numerous township citizens for their donations of furniture and landscape materials
Architect Charles J. Radloff and builder Healy Construction
The building that served as the old Eureka Town Hall was originally built in 1908 one-half mile south of Old Cedar Avenue and 250th Street. Between the 1920s and 1930s, it was moved to a new location in the center of town, across the street on Old Cedar Avenue from where the current town hall is located. Apparently the townspeople felt the hall was more accessible in that location than when it sat down “in a hollow.” A new porch was added in spring 1982.
The building was used throughout its history as a meeting place. Past uses of the building included a Lutheran parochial school from about 1910 to 1930 and a general store in the 1940s. After World War II, the Town Board met in the basement. The family who operated the store lived in the hall’s back room. The town hall was “retired” in 2005, when the new Eureka Town Hall was built at its current location.
In 2006, the old Town Hall building was purchased by Eureka residents Lisa and Dave Tousignant and moved to its current location near Cedar Avenue and 235th Street, where it hosts Rusty Rabbitique with Garden Iron Accents occasional sales.
If you have any more history about or old photos of the old Eureka Town Hall, please contact the town clerk at 952-469-3736 or email@example.com.
The Eureka History Project was a citizen-led effort to recognize and show appreciation to the many people who have given their time and effort to make our community a great place to live. Plaques are now displayed in the new town hall (see photo below) listing the names and dates of service of people who have contributed to Eureka since the organization of the township in 1858, including former town board supervisors, planning commissioners, township clerks and treasurers, and citizen task force members.
This project was funded entirely by donations, with no funding provided by the Township Board. Thank you to everyone who donated, and to everyone who has served the township in some capacity over the years!
For more information about the Eureka History Project, contact: