Buildings & Land Use Permits –

This page contains information, application forms, and instructions sheets for obtaining building and land use permits required in Eureka Township.

NOTE: For a permit request to be considered at the next planning commission meeting, you must submit a complete application to the Eureka Town Clerk by 12:00 noon on the Thursday 10 days prior to the meeting. Applications received after this time will not be acted on until the following month’s meeting.

The applicant or a representative must be present at the Planning Commission Meeting to represent the application. (Representative Authorization Form—Complete this form if someone other than the property owner will represent an application at a planning commission or town board meeting.

If you have questions about what is necessary for a complete permit application, contact the Clerk or Deputy Clerk at (952) 469-3736 or [email protected].

Building Permit and Land Use and Zoning Application Procedures  General Application procedures revised 1-2017

General Information

Building Permits

All application forms and instruction sheets are PDF files (requires Adobe Reader to open or print). You can also request hard copies from the Eureka Town Clerk.

All Building permit applications for properties that lie within the Vermillion River Watershed shall be reviewed by the Vermillion River Joint Powers Organization prior to being reviewed by the Planning Commission and Town Board.

Application Forms Applications Instructions
Building Permit Revised 02-16 General Application procedures revised 1-2017
Residential Additions or Remodels Residential Remodeling Building Permit Application Instructions
Agricultural Buildings and Accessory Structures Relevant Rules and Statutes
Moving a Building or Structure Application Instructions
Rebuilds in Case of Fire Policy for Rebuilds in case of Fire
Decks and Porches Application Instructions
Demolition Demolition Permits Submittal Checklist
Swimming Pools Application Instructions
Signs (less than 50 sqft)

Signs (50 sqft of larger)

Sign Building Permit Application Instructions
Driveways and Approaches Driveway or Approach on Township Roads
Septic Systems and Holding Tanks Application Instructions
Mechanical Application Instructions
Right-of-Way Permit – Local Utility

Right-of-Way Permit – Large Utility

Utility Installation

2013 Fee Schedule

North Cannon Watershed Storm Water Permit Ordinance 9

Land Use and Zoning Requests

All application forms and instruction sheets are PDF files (requires Adobe Reader to open or print). You can also request hard copies from the Eureka Town Clerk.

Application Forms Applications Instructions
Conditional Use Permit (CUP) Application Instructions
Interim Use Permit (mining operations, automotive graveyards, airstrips) Application Instructions
Building_Right_Transfer_Application_2015_07_08 Building Right Transfer Procedure, summary & Cluster Agreement
Verification of a Nonconforming Use, Structure, or Lot Application Instructions
Expansion or Alteration of a Nonconforming Use Application Instructions
Verification of a Lot of Record Application Instructions
Variance Request Application Instructions
Amendment to the Text of the Zoning Ordinance or Zoning Map Application Instructions
 Lot Split Aproval Application Application Instructions

Additional Requests

Application Form Ordinance
Outdoor Assembly Ordinance 5, Chapter 3
Kennel Operation License Ordinance 3, Chapter 7, Section 1-2